Tuesday, June 14, 2011

maybe she changed her mind?

So, last night I thought for sure she was going to be on her way out. I started having contractions around 12:30am, and by 2am they were pretty painful. Sometimes they would be in my back and sometimes in my pelvis area, and they HURT! I couldn't time them though so I knew it wasn't the real thing just yet, but I was hoping they would turn into the "real" thing. Sometimes they were back to back contractions and sometimes I had about 5 or 6 minutes in between. I was lying in bed thinking, should I get up and pack my bag?? (yeah, I haven't packed my bag yet). Then I was thinking, what am I going to do about the dogs? The last thing I remember is having a pretty painful contraction at 4:11am. I had a few this morning at 9am that were slightly painful, but not like the ones from last night.

I get to my doctor appt today, and they tell me he isn't there. Okay, can you tell me why I am here then???? Well, the nurses are able to do the NST (non-stress tests), so they at least did that. It seemed fine to me, just like the others. Heartbeat stayed within the 150 area, and she moved quite a few times within the 20 minute test. So, now I have to go tomorrow to see the actual doctor. How nice. Apparently they think that pregnant women have no other life at this point, except going to the doctor...well, I have news for them..........they are kinda right. *sigh*

So, the full moon is tomorrow. Maybe it'll make me go into real labor like people say it does. I wouldn't be mad if the moon's gravitational pull made my water break. I have talked to a couple of L&D nurses and they say that a lot of hospitals do staff more on full moons because of this reason. Who knows? Or maybe I have a summer solstice baby on the 21st? That would be kinda cool too.

No comments:

Post a Comment