Friday, October 14, 2011

venturing into the world of solid foods...

Photobucket
I plan on making most of Hayden's baby food, but before starting that whole journey I want to see if she is ready for solids. Formula just isn't filling her. She eats so much that sometimes she spits it up. Even after she has drank so much she still acts so hungry. Feeding her bottles has became a fight almost. I feel as if though after she drinks soooo much formula she starts grunting and throwing her body around like her stomach is full but her hunger isn't satisfied, and then sometimes 2 hours later she is hungry again. So, I decided to pick up some sprout organic baby food. I've read a lot of good things about it, and decided to give it a shot. I gave her some sweet potatoes, and at first she wasn't really sure what to think of it, but then she got it, and really started to like them! I even tasted them and they taste exactly like sweet potatoes, they were really good! Of course I'm giving her a small amount, and will wait at least 4 days before giving her something different to make sure she doesn't have any kind of allergy. I really can't wait to start making her own food though. I love to cook, and cook almost everyday, so I figure I can puree up some baby food in the mix too. What a mess though!!
Video footage -
Friday 10/14

No comments:

Post a Comment