Thursday, July 28, 2011

four weeks

Today Hayden is 4 weeks old! She'll be a month old in just 2 days. I cannot believe it has already been a month since I gave birth to the most beautiful girl ever. She has brought such joy, and happiness to my life. I now have a completely different outlook on everything. She is definitely the best thing to ever happen to me, and pretty much happened at the best time in my life when I needed her most. Sure, my situation isn't ideal being single and all, but I am now a true believer that everything happens for a reason. We both have such a great support system from my family, and from all my wonderful friends. It is just crazy to wake up everyday and have her next to me knowing that she will forever be with me, and forever be my daughter. I'll forever have the privilege of watching her grow, and turn into this beautiful girl that I created.

I have definitely gotten lucky. She is such a good baby. I was a little worried at first knowing that I was doing this all on my own if I was going to have sleepless nights, or become overwhelmed since I had no one here by my side. However, she has been the perfect baby since day one. We get up one time at night, and it really isn't even nighttime anymore when we first wake in the morning, it is usually around 5 or 6am already. Then we sleep in until 11, or even sometimes noon. She is just like her momma and loves her sleep! Phew! We get up and then do our own thing. We'll go shopping, out to eat with friends, go to my mom's pool. I am not one to stay cooped up in the house for too long, and I think all the interaction she can get with people and going places is good for a baby.

The only struggle we've have so far is finding a formula that works for her. We started on similac advanced organic, but then I found out that they use sugar in their organic formula, so I ditched that. We then tried about similac soy isomil since I had an entire case of ready to feed 2oz bottles. That made her spit up and gave her bad gas, which then caused her to become fussy at times. I then tried similac sensitive, and it made her spit up as well, almost after every feeding. When I would mix it up it was SO foamy, and had a ton of bubbles. When she would get done eating you couldn't even see through the bottle liner because it was full of bubbles still. I then started to read a lot of good things about gerber goodstart gentle. I went out and bought some, and the spit up stopped. She seemed to be doing good on it but I noticed her poop was starting to become more solid, which is not how a newborn's poop should be. After about 5 days on the formula when she would poop they would be very firm balls of poop. Every time she would poop it seemed like a challenge for her, and sometimes it would make her cry and she doesn't cry. So, now here we are trying out enfamil gentlease. So far, things seem really good, but it was only been 2 days. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the last formula I have to switch her to.

Things we love -
  • Boppy Pillow
  • Boppy Newborn Lounger
  • Soothie Pacifiers
  • Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper
  • Snugabunny cradle swing
  • Playtex Drop-In bottles
  • Bambino Land Muslin Swaddling Blankets (SO soft!)
  • Carter's burp cloths (much softer then gerber's)


Our new toy - The Infantino deluxe monkey jungle retreat gym. So far she seems to love it!

She is still in NB clothes and diapers. Size 1 diapers are big, but I really don't want to buy another case of NB only to not be able to use them all, so I think after we're done with the case we have now, we'll be moving on to size 1. NB clothing fits her pretty good, but the 0-3 month clothes are HUGE! Some of the newborn sleepers she is getting too long for, so she may have to swim in the 0-3 month sleeps for a little bit.

And now here are some weekly pictures, even though I've taken a picture of her everyday of her life so far, and plan on doing that for a LONG time!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1 day old

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
1 week

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
2 weeks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
3 weeks

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
4 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment