Wednesday, July 6, 2011

first doctor's appointment

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Today Hayden had her first doctor's appointment! She was SOOOO good! She didn't cry or fuss, and was even complimented by the nurse as to how calm she was, and how good of a baby she was. I was of course a proud momma! Before we left for the DR office though she peed all over the couch! Lol. I turned to wrap the dirty diaper and wipe, and grab a fresh diaper only to look over and see her peeing all over the cushion. Thank you to whomever made removable microfiber couch cushion covers that are washable!

She was 6lbs 10oz when we left the hospital on Saturday down from 7lbs 2oz. The pediatrician said that was a normal weight loss for a newborn, especially one being breastfed. At her doctor appointment she was back up to 7lbs 1oz. She had slight jaundice when she was born, nothing noticeable. I couldn't even see the yellow but apparently they could, but I'm sure they have better lighting in the nursery. The nurse checked her with this light, and said that her jaundice is nothing to worry about and was very little. This was another reason why the peditrician in the hospital suggested I supplement with some formula until I had gotten my milk in. The one thing that did really surprise me was as soon as the nurse saw that she was wearing pampers, she acted like I was using a cardboard box for diapers. She immediately told me to ditch pampers. I was shocked, as I've heard that pampers is much better then huggies. I've been using both, and so far have had a poo leak on each. The nurse said that she sees more diaper rashes from pampers then any other diaper. I'm of course going to use my own judgement on this, as every baby is different. So far she is rash free, and has been doing well in pampers and huggies. Although right now I do like the huggies better because they have the cord cut out which is pretty nice. Anyway, now in order to get in with this pediatrician permenately I have to be approved. I have to call my insurance company and they have to fill out some paperwork, and then it goes through some panel and then they tell me whether or not I'm approved. It seems a little drastic just for a pediatrician, but I really liked him in the hospital, really liked the office, and nurses. So we'll see if my baby is "good enough" to be approved to see this pediatrician, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment