Monday, August 8, 2011

where is my happy content baby?!

I have seem to have lost her, and am about to put a missing ad out on the milk carton! I hope it is just a phase! At least she is still sleeping through the night though. Last night she slept from 11pm to 7:30am. She use to be content in her swing for hours throughout the day, but not so much anymore. Today she was in there for about an hour or so and she was just fine as I was cleaning. Then she was fussy but it was time for her to eat. After that though she only sat in her swing and lounger for 20-30 minutes at a time before the fussing started. Tonight (right now), she has been sleeping on and off in her lounger for the past hour with no fussing though! It is hard to always be constantly holding her...thankfully I don't have any other kids to chase around but I do have my dogs, and sanity. This has been going on for a little over a week now. It seems after I switched her to enfamil gentlease the fussiness got so much worse. I don't know if it is just a coincidence or if the formula actually has caused it. A lot of the time it was a full out scream like something was really hurting her, not just a fuss. So, yesterday I decided to switch her to a hypoallergenic formula - similac alimentum, because the screams really bothered me. I also got her the ready to feed stuff because I feel like they (similac) are likely more accurate when it comes to the mixing ratio then I am, there are no bubbles, and it just looks and smells so much better then the powder stuff. If I think about it, I would never drink powder milk because it tastes like shit. Anyway, we started on it yesterday and she loves it, and now she is just fussing, no more screams and tears of what I believe were screams of stomach pain of some kind. The DR said she may have a milk allergy but she has not been tested for it. I noticed tonight the rash on her face and chest have almost completely disappeared too. I just hope she doesn't become constipated again because her poop was finally just getting back to normal on the gentlease...just thick, but nothing close to how bad it was on the gerber goodstart gentle.

Never in my life did I think I would be so obsessed over baby shit! I exam it, google it, worry about it, post about it...living life on the edge these days! Anyway, I only bought 3 bottles of the alimentum, so we'll see how this goes. I am praying to the formula gods that we can find one that works for her!!! Even if it is the one that is $9.17 for a 32oz container of formula *face palm*. She is already a little shit! :) However, if it does work we will definitely be ordering in bulk on Amazon Mom! Well I'll use the $5.00 checks when I get them (yeah, I'll be THAT lady in the line with 2 or 3 separate transactions so I can get $5.00 off each bottle...that damn money tree in my back yard has yet to start budding!

I just feel like formula is kicking my ass! Yes, I should have continued to breast feed...got it. As a single mom it was very hard to manage my schedule, and when I go back to work it is VERY unrealistic for me to think that I could pump at work. I'm pretty sure I could not tell everyone sitting at my bar to hold tight for about 40 minutes while I go milk myself.

I also tried colic calm, which came highly recommended by other mommies who have dealt with fussy babies. I was NOT impressed. She loves the stuff, but I didn't see any difference after giving it to her, and I've tried it several times now. I also hate the fact that it is black, so you have to be very careful when giving it to them, because I've heard it stains. I've been fortunate enough to not get it on anything just yet, and I'm not sure if I will because I honestly do not think it has made any kind of difference. And I'm suppose to go back to work next week and leave her with my mom?? Yeah, I think me going back to work is going to be delayed a couple more weeks until I get this under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment